Yale Home Show 2016
19 chef demos to see in both locations – February 6-7 + 13-15
- Free 5 Year Warranties on Jenn-Air and Miele Purchases. Some exlusions apply, ask for details
- 10% Back in Lighting and Plumbing in Gift Cards with 4-piece Kitchen Package Purchase from Frigidaire Gallery, Frigidaire Pro, Electrolux and Bosch (Benchmark not included).
- 12 Month, 0% Financing Available with Approved Credit
- 10% Off All Decorative Lighting. Recessed and GM Lighting products excluded.
- 10% Off All Outlet Prices
Call us at 617-825-9253 for more information
Click here for Home Show details
Our Best Front Load Washers article is an article that we update frequently as rebates change from month to month. Recommendations can change with prices.
Washing machines have become as much about energy and water savings as they are about washing clothes.
In addition to the traditional top loader, there are more economical front loading washers as well as the somewhat temperamental hybrid washer (or cross between the two of a top load with no agitator).
Short on time?
Get our free Washer Buying Guide »
Pricing updated for February, 2016
The Frigidaire is a good base model with all the basic features, like 7 wash cycles, and user friendly controls at a decent price of $669.
Electrolux is our best selling washer and and is also the only machine with a second floor guarantee for quietness and less vibration. The base unit has tons of wash/rinse combinations for $809. It has a 17 minute wash cycle to wash your favorite items quickly.
Maytag has a few interesting features such as Pre-soak, Steam and Adaptive Cold Wash Technology, combined with HE Detergent, Maytag cleans the best in cold water. It is large at 4.3 cu. ft. capacity and has a 12-hour tumble cycle, so your clothes won't wrinkle.
Samsung is the largest at 4.5 cubic feet. Steam is great for loosening tough stains as well as wrinkles. Steam by itself can also refresh clothes without a washing cycle. We also wrote a post about steam washers, and Samsung has good technology and controls. (pedestal not included)
Electrolux is our best selling washer. It has a 15 minute wash cycle to wash your favorite items quickly and two pumps for the only washer to rinse with fresh water. Electrolux is also the only machine with a second floor guarantee for quietness and less vibration.
Top Front Load Washer & Dryer Laundry Pairs
Most people concentrate on the washer as part of a laundry purchase, yet the dryer is very important.
Most of the front load dryers now have sensor dry, which automatically shut down the heat by sensing moisture in clothes. This will save you money and prevent shrinkage of clothes.
Maytag Top Load Laundry - Electric $799 | Gas $899
Whirlpool Front Load Laundry - Electric $1,199 | Gas $1,299
Samsung Front Load Laundry - Electric $1,399 | Gas $1,499
Maytag Front Load Laundry - Electric $1,599 | Gas $1,969
Electrolux Front Load Laundry - Electric $1,699 | Gas $1,759
Free pedestals with all Electrolux laundry pair purchases during the Yale Home Show, February 6-15.
Confused? Don’t be. All the machines have an abundant number of cycles and features. You will be happy with any, especially if you are replacing an older unit.
Samsung is the largest and fastest. Maytag is the best in cold water. I like the Electrolux for second floor installations and their fresh water rinse leaves less detergent in the clothes as well.
Related Home Show Offers
- Home Show Chef Schedule
- New Appliances, Sinks and Lighting for 2016
- Best Miele Dishwashers for 2016
- Best Electric/Induction Range Deals 2016
- The 5 Best Bosch Dishwashers
- Best Freestanding & Slide-In Gas Range Deals 2016
- Best Dishwasher Deals for 2016
- The 5 Best Counter Depth Refrigerators
- Best 30 Inch Wolf, Dacor, Miele & Jenn-Air Pro Range Packages
- Mid Range to Affordable Luxury Appliance Packages
- Best Affordable (Cheap) Kitchen Appliance Packages From $1,699 - $4,999
- The Best Decorative Lighting for Home Show 2016
Download our Yale Laundry Buying Guides with all the features, terms and brands of laundry. Over 150,000 people have already found answers in a Yale guide.