It's pretty easy to buy cheap lighting. It just doesn't hang straight or has poor sockets and poor quality glass. It is much harder to find decent lights under $200. Below are my favorite lights under $200 by category from respected manufacturers.
Ceiling Fixtures - Flush and Semi Flush Mounts
- Crystorama Camden57 80-AB - $150
- Hudson Valley Newport 6510-OB - $199
- Quoizel Ozark OZ1716IN - $198
- Crystorama Richmond 710-CH-CL-MWP - $230
- Framburg Bellevue 9310-BS/PN - $138 **Made in the USA**
Unlike appliances, lighting is all about personal style with tons of options. The Quoizel and Framburg are semi-flush mounts, which will light the ceiling as well the space below.
Exterior Wall Mounts
- Northeast Lantern Suffolk 5111-AB-MED-CLR - $179.50 **Made in the USA**
- Northeast Lantern Adams 6111-AB-MED-CLR - $179.50 **Made in the USA**
- Hinkley Freeport 1804BK - $115
- Hinkley Manor House 2500BK - $159
- Norwell Seafarer 1108-BR-CL - $206
I really like Northeast Lantern, it is manufactured in New Hampshire and is warrantied for life...and we have the toughest weather in New England. The Seafarer is over $200, but it is a cool nautical piece.
Interior Single Wall Sconces
- Visual Comfort Studio S2110PN-NP - $133
- Hudson Valley Spencer 151-PN - $199
- Visual Comfort Chart House CHD1190PN-WP - $190
- Tech Lighting Cosmo 700WSCOSWS - $190
- Hudson Valley Weston 4501-SN';/./ - $139
Best lighting category under $200 is sconces. Hudson Valley, Visual Comfort and Tech Lighting are all really solid and stylish manufacturers.
- Tech Lighting Lynn 700BCLYNNWC- $209
- Quoizel Taylor TY8603AN - $160
- Hinkley Meridian 5593CM - $199
- Hinkley Abbie 5853BN - $179
Bathroom sconces can be purchased in single, double or triple. The best way to illuminate is with one on either side. This will cross-illuminate your face for shaving or make up. The triple is placed over the mirror.
- Sonneman Candle 3030.01 - $140
- Troy Menlo Park F3132 - $178
- Quoizel Grant GRT1508IS - $140
- Hudson Valley Vintage 3101-SN-415M - $149
- Tech Lighting Cabo 700FJCBOS w canopy - $236
Pendants have replaced chandeliers as the decorative light of choice, especially over islands and larger spaces. You can spread out two or three for a much more appealing visual. Many of our best selling lights are under $200. Low voltage like the Tech piece tends to be more, because of the additional 12 volt transformer.