The 5 Best Affordable Luxury Appliance Brands (Reviews/Ratings)
As home equity and housing has decreased, appliance buying has shifted. Instead of equity loans, people are using savings to pay for renovations and appliances. What once was a $5,000-7,000 dollar refrigerator is now a $3500-7000 appliance package of stove, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator.
Following are the 5 best affordable luxury brands for people who still want good looking, yet functional appliances at a decent price.
5. KitchenAid: I still like this brand, but KitchenAid has been unfocused for the last 10 years. They still have great counter depth refrigerators and dishwashers, but need innovation in the cooking segment.
4. Electrolux: Electrolux is a new brand in the US, yet is the number 1 brand around the world. They are very strong in cooking with great controls and have good induction offerings as well. Their achilles is dishwashers. They need more models at lower prices.
3. Bosch: Perhaps the original affordable luxury brand. They were the first to understand style and also quiet, which has enabled them to sell tons of dishwashers. Now they need to understand how to manufacture a french door counter depth refrigerator.
2. Frigidaire Gallery and Gallery Pro: Surprised? Don't be. Frigidaire was the first company to manufacture an affordable stainless steel product. With the addition of french doors, their packages offer good styling and great value.
1. JennAir: JennAir was an early pioneer of convection and cooking. Whirlpool recently invested 300 million dollars in the brand. Their pro range is compelling as is their built-ins. They also have a new all-induction cooktop for $1500 and a very price competitive line of ranges and refrigerators. They have also been the most aggressive for rebates as well, especially for kitchen packages
Additional Fun Reading: The 5 Best Luxury Brands