Yale Home Show 2016
19 chef demos to see in both locations – February 6-7 + 13-15
- Free 5 Year Warranties on Jenn-Air and Miele Purchases. Some exlusions apply, ask for details
- 10% Back in Lighting and Plumbing in Gift Cards with 4-piece Kitchen Package Purchase from Frigidaire Gallery, Frigidaire Pro, Electrolux and Bosch (Benchmark not included).
- 12 Month, 0% Financing Available with Approved Credit
- 10% Off All Decorative Lighting. Recessed and GM Lighting products excluded.
- 10% Off All Outlet Prices
Call us at 617-825-9253 for more information
Click here for Home Show details
A counter depth refrigerator does not protrude from the cabinets. It is more aesthetically pleasing because you won't see the sides. It is also a benefit to have a shallower refrigerator in a galley kitchen or with an island design. There will be more room between the refrigerator and the island itself.
Simply, counter depths look better. We will look at the different types and then the 5 best to consider.
Regular vs. Pro vs. Integrated Shallow Depth Refrigerators
For this article, we will focus on the non-professional shallow depth products. Professional refrigerators are taller at 84", have the compressors on the top and have the "restaurant" or commercial look and price.
Integrated refrigerators fit totally inside the standard cabinet, so they are seamless and indistinguishable from the cabinet itself. Only the doors protrude on the pro and regular counter depth.
Have a look at a professional and integrated refrigerator...
Professional counter depth refrigerator at Yale
Integrated counter depth refrigerator at Yale
Regular Counter Depth Refrigerators
Regular counter depths are basically shallower refrigerators. Have a look at some installations.
regular counter depth refrigerator from the front
regular counter depth refrigerator from the side
5 Best Counter Depth Refrigerators
Pricing updated for February, 2016
Frigidaire FGHC2331PF - $1,099 after rebates
Frigidaire suffers from an identity crisis, but is actually one of the most reliable brands sold at Yale. I really like this refrigerator especially with the rebates. This side by side is 23 cubic foot with an ice and water dispenser and the stainless is finger proof. You could package this with other stainless appliances for less than $2,999.
Samsung RF18HFENBSR - $1,099 after rebates
You buy a refrigerator based on the cabinet openings. 80% of the refrigerator openings are 30 or 33 inch, yet 90% of the counter depth products are 36 inch width. I like the Samsung, because it is the best counter depth french door refrigerator at 33 inches wide.
Jenn-Air JFC2089BEM - $2,499 after rebates
Jenn-Air was the first upscale counter depth French door on the market about 10 years ago. It is still a decent refrigerator with an interior icemaker. This refrigerator is also part of our best selling package. This model now has LED lights and concealed hinges.
Electrolux has a decent refrigerator with a great interior for shelving.
It is very similar to the preceding model just taller with three cubic feet more capacity.
One (very) small word of caution: You do sacrifice between 3-5 cubic footage and pay $200-500 more for a counter depth refrigerator.
However, counter depth refrigerators are perhaps one of the best products to affordably design into a high-end kitchen.
If you have any questions, please call us at 617-825-9253
Related Home Show Offers
- Home Show Chef Schedule
- New Appliances, Sinks and Lighting for 2016
- Best Miele Dishwashers for 2016
- Best Front Load Washers for 2016
- Best Electric/Induction Range Deals 2016
- The 5 Best Bosch Dishwashers
- Best Freestanding & Slide-In Gas Range Deals 2016
- Best Dishwasher Deals for 2016
- Best 30 Inch Wolf, Dacor, Miele & Jenn-Air Pro Range Packages
- Mid Range to Affordable Luxury Appliance Packages
- Best Affordable (Cheap) Kitchen Appliance Packages From $1,699 - $4,999
- The Best Decorative Lighting for Home Show 2016
Download the Yale Counter Depth Refrigerator Buying Guide with features, specs and inside buying tips to regular, pro and integrated counter depth refrigerators. Well over 150,000 people have read a Yale Guide.