Buying 33 inch refrigerators is tough due to a dearth of available products. To review, a counter depth refrigerator does not protrude from the cabinet except for the doors and handles. A professional counter depth like Sub-Zero or Viking is similar, but has the compressor on the top. An integrated counter depth refrigerator does not protrude from the cabinets including the doors.
Appliances are manufactured to fit within cabinets. For example, dishwashers are 24 inches wide to fit a 24 inch cabinet. Stoves are most commonly 30 inch to fit a (you guessed it) 30 inch cabinets. Appliances are pretty standard in that regard. You do not see a 22 inch dishwasher or 32 inch stove.
For refrigerators, the most standard and popular cabinets are 30 and 36 inch, followed by 33 inch. Every manufacturer markets several 36 inch products in counter depth. It is by far the most popular size. In 30 inch only the professional companies produce a counter depth.
For 33 inch, only three companies currently offer a 33 inch counter depth refrigerator.
33 Inch Counter Depth Refrigerators:
Fisher Paykel RF175WDRUX1
- Samsung RF197ACRS $1299: Samsung is the largest at 18 cubic foot. Remember, counter depth has less cubic foot due to less depth. It is also the only french door and is the most aggressively priced at $1299.
- Fisher Paykel RF175WDRUX1 $2109 / E522BRXU $1849: Fisher Paykel is a New Zealand company known for baby incubators and a double drawer dishwasher (same concept, I guess). Currently, they have the only water through the door models and have a gaggle of these types of refrigerators at the same price just with different door aesthetics.
- Electrolux EI32AR65JS $1999: Then, there is this inexplicable product. The Electrolux is an all refrigerator or all freezer unit. Electrolux hopes you buy one of each. Since a 33 inch counter depth is typically purchased for a small kitchen, thats not a popular option. You can also buy a cheaper version in Frigidaire.
For more information read these posts:
- The Five Best Counter Depth Refrigerators
- Fisher Paykel vs Samsung 33 Inch Counter Depth Refrigerators
For more information about counter depth refrigerators, download our most popular guide with 2,000 downloads...The Yale Refrigerator Buyers Guide.