Beverage centers are the most popular type of under counter refrigerator. A beverage center is a combination of refrigerator space and wine storage. Generally they have one or two wine racks on the top or bottom and a single temperature zone.
True and Marvel are two manufacturers with extensive refrigeration manufacturing backgrounds. True Professional Series is a division of True Manufacturing Company which has been an industry leader for over 65 years. You may recognize their logo from convenience stores and supermarkets beverage and food coolers. True has just recently jumped into the residential undercounter refrigeration segment with some pretty impressive products.
Marvel was formed in 1932 when they started manufacturing undercounter ice boxes. Their wine cooler are consistently among the highest rated. Both brands manufacture their products here in the U.S.
True vs. Marvel Undercounter Beverage Centers
True TBC-24-L-SG-A - $2,999
- Industry exclusive, 300-series stainless steel interior/exterior
- Zero-clearance hinging allows integrated installation
- TriLumina® LED lighting -3 different lighting schemes(white, amber, blue)
- Double pane UV tinted glass
- Balanced, forced-air refrigeration system enables rapid product pull down/even temp
- 2 adjustable/removable stainless shelves and 2 wine shelves (holds 13 bottles)
- TrueFlex® allows convertibility to fridge or wine cabinet
- Standard door lock
- UL rated for outdoor use
- Temperature gets down to 33° degrees
- Star K compliant
- 3 year full warranty/6 year sealed system warranty
Marvel 6BARM-BS-G - $1,550
- Incandescent interior lighting
- 1 metal shelf, 1 glass shelf, 1 slide-out wine rack, 1 half-shelf
- Door available in glass or full overlay
- “Close Door Assist” hinging system
- Temp range of 39° to 65° F
- Audible and visual alarms for door ajar and high/low temperature
- Blue LED temperature display
- 1 year full warranty/5 year limited sealed system warranty
Download the Yale Undercounter Refrigeration Guide with features, specs and inside buying tips to under counter refrigerators as well as ice makers. Over 45,000 people have read a Yale Guide.
Danny Nguyen is an Appliance Sales Consultant at Yale Appliance + Lighting. Danny has completed 2 half marathons and enjoys spending time travelling and snowboarding.
Schedule a showroom visit with me
A Note About Pricing