So, why would you want a 4-door refrigerator versus a top mount or a side-by-side? Does it do anything different from a traditional refrigerator? Does it keep your food any colder? What does it look like and which one is better? These are some of the questions we will be discussing in this article.
What is a 4-Door French Door Refrigerator?
A 4-door refrigerator is not much different from a standard refrigerator in terms of performance. A 4-door refrigerator normally has two doors on the top and two doors down below. The compressor is usually the same as the one you would find in a standard fridge and it keeps the same coldness.
A 4-door fridge looks cool but more importantly, it allows you to separate and organize your food using different compartments in the fridge.
Why Would You Buy a 4-Door Refrigerator?
If you have young children like I do, this would be awesome for you because you can have a separate section of the fridge just for their stuff.
They no longer need to open the whole fridge door just to get that one item. They can now open just one door and get their snacks or beverage in their dedicated drawer. This is one of the reasons 4-door refrigerators have become more popular.
Four-door refrigerators can technically also be double drawer refrigerators with four total drawers.
Before you go out and purchase that new 4-door refrigerator or any other refrigerator, it is important to know a few things. The size of the space the fridge is going into color and style of the fridge you want, as well as, if the fridge should be a standard depth or counter depth. These are some of the things you should know when looking to purchase a new refrigerator.
Now that you have an understanding of what a 4-door refrigerator is, let's take a look at some of the best 4-door refrigerators that we carry.
Below are my top picks for 4-door refrigerators priced from low to high.
Blomberg BRFD2652SS - $2,499
- 36" Standard Full-size 25.7 cu. ft. Capacity
- Available in Stainless steel only
- External Ice/Water Dispenser
- Flexi Zone – Bottom right section of the refrigerator offers temperature from –10 to 50 degrees.
- White LED Interior Lighting
- Tri Cycle Technology – High-end technology provides separate air circulation in the freezer, the fresh food compartment and in the flex zone to eliminate order mixing.
- Blue Light Technology – Helps fruits and vegetables maintain their vitamins.
- Available in Full-size Only
- Energy Star qualified
Blomberg is the 2nd biggest appliance manufacturer in Europe. It is a division of Turkish giant Accelik. They are very good at laundry, dishwashers, and specialty refrigeration.
LG LNXC23766D- $2,799
- Available only in a 36" Counter Depth Black Stainless Steel finish
- 22.7 cu. ft. Capacity
- Tall Ice and Water Dispenser on the Door
- Door-in-Door – Quick access to snacks, beverages and other on the go items without opening the main fridge door.
- Smart Diagnosis – Troubleshoot and diagnose problems through the app without having to contact LG.
- Energy Star Rated
LG Electronics provides innovative products and services all around the world. LG is one of the top 3 electronics, information, and telecommunication firms in the world. They are constantly coming out with new products.
Black steel is the hip new finish, but you can scratch the overcoating and leave a shinier surface below. It has an app to monitor your refrigerator
Samsung Family Hub Chef Collection RF24J9960S4 - $5,399
- 36" Counter Depth with 24 cu. ft. Capacity
- Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel Finish
- Metal Cooling – Locks in cold air and seals freshness. The stainless steel paneling helps maintain consistent temperature throughout the fridge.
- Triple Cooling – Provides precise temperature and humidity controls in all three zones. Your food stays fresher longer with 2 compressors and three evaporators
- Fridge In Freezer Flex Zone - The bottom right drawer can be a fridge or freezer
- Refreshing Sparkling Water – Built in, chilled sparkling water dispenser powered by soda stream
- Star Display - LED lights shine through micro-pinholes to display temperature settings
- 4 Pillar High-efficiency Lighting - New tower lighting brightens every corner of the refrigerator
- Chef Pantry - this creates the perfect temperature recommended by most chefs. It provides ideal space for storing meat and fish at 30 degrees.
- Chef Mode - Chef mode sets the refrigerator at 35.6 degrees which provide the perfect condition for every type of food
- Chef Pan - Marinate your meat and fish separately in this stainless steel chef pan. You can pull this pan out of the refrigerator and put it directly into the oven to cook
- Ice Master Ice Maker in the Refrigerator – Store more ice with this ice master bin
This Samsung refrigerator is pretty neat. From the chef settings to the flex zone freezer/fridge drawer, this refrigerator has everything you need. Well, the good news is that this fridge is available in many different configurations.
It is available in a 4-door counter depth or standard depth without all that extra chef feature and sparkling water, for about half the price.
You can also purchase this refrigerator with an Android tablet on the front and can be hooked up to the internet for online browsing, listening to music, or even watching TV when you connect to your Samsung television.
So, which would you buy?
Now comes the decision-making time. Before making that final decision to buy a particular fridge, you should look into appliance packages from these manufacturers. Sometimes you can maximize rebates and bring the cost down when you purchase multiple appliances together.
Another important thing to look at is the capacity. If you have a big family you may want to consider a full depth refrigerator which can store more food versus a counter depth which has less capacity.
Before you choose a full-size fridge though, you may want to take the size of your kitchen into consideration. If you have a smaller kitchen, you may not want a full-size fridge sticking out past your counters.
Samsung has the most interesting configurations while Blomberg has a decent price.
Samsung is the most reliable of the three. That is the good news. However, it has a 20% service rate in the first year. That is the bad news.
Before you decide where to buy your refrigerator, always check to see which local store or dealer can service and repair it.
Want to learn more about different types of refrigerators? Download our free Counter Depth Refrigerator Buying Guide for detailed information on all the latest trends and brands. Well over 250,000 people have read a Yale Guide.