- Associate's degree in business administration, Fisher College, 1981
- Bachelor's degree in business management, University of Massachusetts, 1983
- U.S. Army Paratrooper, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, 1976-1979
- U.S. Army Battalion Soldier of the Month
- Married Patricia Collins in 1985
- Three Children - Paul, Catherine and Christopher
- Family dog - Juno, American Eskimo
- Ran two Boston Marathons and two Long Street Marathons
- Long-time Committee Chairman of Cub Scouts Pack 73, Weymouth, MA
- Skated against the Boston Bruins Legends
"Other than running two Boston Marathons, my greatest accomplishment (with the help of my wife, of course) has been raising my three children. Watching them grow into young adults and graduating from college was memorable. As a parent there is nothing more rewarding than watching your children grow and mature into responsible adults."
- Catherine graduated summa cum laude with two bachelor's degrees in journalism and Spanish.
- Paul graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor's degree in pharmacy studies. He later earned a Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
- Chris will graduate magna cum laude with a bachelor's degree in communications.
Hobbies and Interests
Running and staying in shape, SCUBA diving and challenging myself mentally and physically.
All four Boston pro-sports teams and BC Hockey, a good Italian restaurant and finding a good beach.