You may wonder how a dishwasher brand can have starting prices at $899 or $400 more expensive than the average dishwasher sold in the US.
The main benefit to a Miele dishwasher is its quality of components and longer life. In an era of outsourcing, Miele distinguishes itself by manufacturing 96.8% of all its components in Germany. Consequently, Miele is the least repaired brand at Yale.
Miele is also the only dishwasher with a real dry cycle. It allows the colder outside air into the outside of the dishwasher. Steam is attracted to the "colder" side and is fully dissipated. Their best dishwasher, the Diamond, has two fans, but the better models differentiate by racks, features, and cycles.
Miele dishwashers tend to all look the same, so why the huge price swing from one model to another?
The difference between the dishwashers in the same series is essentially regular front versus integrated controls. Have a look:
Front style controls
Integrated style controls
How to Buy a Miele Dishwasher
First, all Miele dishwashers will have these basic cycles: Normal Wash, Rinse & Hold, Sani-Wash, and Pots & Pans. It really differs in quietness, racks, cycles, and drying systems.
The Best Miele Dishwashers For 2017
Pricing updated for February 11-20, 2017
- Free In-Home Chef Demo with qualifying purchases from select brands
- Save 10% on lighting, plumbing or vacuums when you spend $2,000-$4,000. Save 15% when you spend over $4,000
- 12-month, 0% financing available with credit approval
- 10% off Outlet, Miele Vacuums, kitchen plumbing and much more
Miele G4227SCUSS - $899 after rebates
- Cutlery Tray
- Autosensor Technology
- 46 dBA Noise level
- Delay Start
- Adjustable upper rack
Great limited time dishwasher with adjustable racks and 3rd cutlery rack. It also features their exclusive drying system.
Miele G4975SVISF Classic Plus Series (Stainless Steel) - $1,199 after rebates
- Available with cutlery basket or cutlery tray
- Flexicare racks
- Delay Start
- 46 dBA rating
- Economy mode (uses less water),Turbo mode (30% time reduction)
- Available without cutlery basket and front controls for $999
Differences between the Classic models is cutlery tray and integrated versus regular fronts. I would consider the previous model at $899 unless you want the integrated styling.
Miele G6105SCU Crystal Series (Stainless Steel) - $1,499 after rebates
- Flexicare Plus Racks
- Cutlery Basket or Cutlery Tray
- Perfect glass care and water softener feature
- 44 dBA rating
- Express cycle, China Crystal cycle
- No Economy cycle
The difference between the Crystal and Classic Series is baskets, China setting and quietness.
- (Crystal features plus the following)
- Flexicare Premium racks
- 3D cutlery tray
- 44 dBA rating
- Sensor Dry (adjusts drying conditions to air being pulled in from the kitchen)
- Intensive Mode - heavy wash in bottom basket/gentle wash in top basket at the same time
- No Express cycle
- AutoOpen Drying - door pops open when dry cycle is complete
- ExtraQuiet-optional feature reduces noise by 20%
- Slimline 18 inch model $1,499
The differences between Dimension and Crystal Series is that the 3D top rack is adjustable with better two port drying and is quieter.
Have questions? Call us at 617-825-9253.
- (Dimension Features plus the following)
- Brilliant light-LED illuminated tub
- Economy and Energy Saver cycles
- Extra Dry option
- 44 dBA rating
This unit is also introduces their "Knock-to-Open" feature. You knock twice and the dishwasher automatically opens. Handles are no longer needed to open the dishwasher. Also, 40 dBA is incredibly quiet.
The difference between Lumen and Dimension series is an upgraded lighting system, an Energy Saver program, Extra Dry option and a better drying system.
Miele G6985SCVi K2O Diamond Series - $2,599 after rebates
- (Lumen features plus the following)
- Auto close door
- Remote Vision - performance can be monitored by Miele via Wi-Fi
- 42 dBA (A quiet dishwasher will be 45DBAs)
- Auto Load-Size Sensor - senses the flow of water to establish what the load size is
- Diamond Specific programs - heavy soil, sensor wash, light, energy saver, plastics, starch/cheese, tall items, glass-no rinse aid (warm), glass-no rinse aid (cold)
- Advanced CleanAir - additional fan to help circulate air
- 5 year warranty
Difference between Lumen and Diamond: Best drying cycle with two fans as well as the door automatically opening to allow cooler air in, specific cycles for what you are washing. The 5 year warranty is complimentary on this model.
Miele is a dishwasher company with cycles and options for the premium dishwasher buyer. The difference between the Miele is quietness from 37-45 DBA's. The top cutlery tray changes from none to a basic one to an adjustable, multi functional 3-D tray.
After that, racks, cycles and warranties as well as the drying system with different fans and sensors. The product is truly built to a higher standard which translate to better reliability.
- New Appliances for 2017
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Packages
- Pro Range Kitchen Packages
- Best Dishwasher Deals
- Best Gas Cooking Deals
- Best Front Load Washers and Laundry Packages
- Best Bosch Dishwashers
- Best Counter Depth Refrigerators
- Best French Door Refrigerators
- Best Induction Ranges and Cooktops
Want to learn about the different dishwashers and brands? Download the Yale Dishwasher Buying Guide packed with tips, features and brands of every major dishwasher. Over 200,000 people have read a Yale Guide.